Online Fraud Tools
Businesses face unique challenges when accepting payments online. A fraud management strategy is necessary to reduce the propensity for risk and exposure to online fraud. Implementing a “layered” approach can help maximize fraud identification potential.
Moneris e-Select plus online fraud tools provide you with robust protection covering payer identity verification and device identification to help protect your business from fraudulent activities and assist in providing a positive, secure shopping experience for your customers.
With e-Select plus online fraud tools you can realize the following benefits:
- Reduce online fraud and chargebacks by identifying potentially fraudulent transactions in real time
- Showcase your commitment to offering a secure shopping environment and give your customers the confidence they need to shop online
- Peace of mind that enables you to focus on your business growth, fulfilling more orders and protecting your brand image
- Save time and effort required to manually review orders for potentially fraudulent activities
Implementing fraud management tools that complement one another can assist you in providing the best protection to you and your customers and delivering a positive online experience for all.
Real-Time Cardholder Authentication
Verified by Visa (VbV) Service and MasterCard SecureCode are online cardholder authentication services from Visa and MasterCard that verify the authenticity of an online shopper to their issuer, in real time, through the use of a unique personal code during an online transaction.
Address Verification Service (AVS)
Address Verification Service (AVS) allows e-commerce merchants to check cardholder’s billing address with the card issuer in order to reduce online credit card fraud. AVS helps ensure that lost or stolen cards are not being used for fraudulent activity.
Advanced Address Verification (AAV+)
Advanced Address Verification (AAV+) is a service offered by American Express that goes beyond AVS and verifies the email address of the cardholder with the email address on file with American Express.
Card Verification Value (CVV)
CVV is a 3-4 digit code located on all current credit cards for additional verification that the cardholder is in possession of their credit card. CVV code can be found on the back of the credit card (for Visa and MasterCard) and in case of American Express cards, it is located on the front.
Transactional Risk Management Tool
The Transactional Risk Management Tool provides advanced fraud mitigation technology to help identify and prevent a potentially fraudulent transaction, all in real-time.
Transactional Risk Management Tool features:
- Real-time transaction risk analysis based on:
- Device fingerprint which uses non-personally identifiable information to identify the PC/device being used to send the transaction
- IP address information from which the transaction is originating
- Credit card information (eg. Country of Issuer)
- Risk analysis rules that can identify fraudulent scenarios such as:
- Velocity checking (e.g. repeat purchases from the same device, card, email or IP address)
- Geolocation examination to identify suspicious use from locations that do not match card issued/shipping address
- Transaction risk score based on customer, enterprise and global transaction patterns to help you decide whether to accept, reject or further investigate transactions within seconds.
Speak to a Moneris Solutions Consultant now at 1-866-473-8707 or fill out an Online Sales Inquiry Form to help determine which solution best suits your needs